Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Book of the Day: Not Last Night But the Night Before

Not Last Night But the Night BeforeNot Last Night But the Night Before by Colin McNaughton


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is perfect for kindergarten. The bouncing rhythm, the repetitive lines, and the review of common nursery rhymes and fairy tales will make is a favorite. I have a student who spend recess I the library each day, she always asks me to read this book. Each day we find more hidden details in the pictures. The crooked picture frames, the flowers that end up scattered across the floor, the final page where all the characters are at a party and we hunt for the characters from each story. I will definitely use in next year while Kindergarten is preparing for their nursery rhyme parade.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will look for this one!